Global Packaging Machinery Market 2019 | Functions, Types & Applications
Packaging machinery is used to perform packaging processes such as filling, cleaning, fabrication, sealing, combining, overwrapping, palletizing etc.
Packaging equipments are helpful to accomplish packaging operations. For instance, food, drug, and medical regulations require consistent seals on packages.
While choosing the packaging machinery, certain parameters need to be considered such as technical capabilities, labor requirements, safety, maintainability, serviceability, reliability, and capability to integrate into the packaging line, flexibility, floor-space, efficiency, productivity, ergonomics etc.
These packaging machinery can be off-the-shelf equipment, refurbished, upgraded, custom-made, custom-tailored to specific operations.
Types of machinery
There are various types of packaging machinery. They are:
• Accumulating and collating machines
• Blister packs, skin packs and vacuum packaging machines
• Bottle caps equipment, over-capping, lidding, closing, seaming and sealing machines
• Box, case, tray, and carrier forming, packing, unpacking, closing, and sealing machines
• Cartoning machines
• Cleaning, sterilizing, cooling and drying machines
• Coding, printing, marking, stamping, and imprinting machines
• Converting machines
• Conveyor belts, accumulating and related machines
• Feeding, orienting, placing and related machines
• Filling machines: handling dry, powdered, solid, liquid, gas, or viscous products
• Inspecting: visual, sound, metal detecting, etc.
• Label dispensers, printers, and applicators
• Orienting, unscrambling machines
• Package filling and closing machines
• Palletizing, depalletizing, unit load assembly
• Product identification: labeling, marking, etc.
• Sealing machines: heat sealer, tape, or glue units
• Security seals, tamper-evident bands, etc equipment
• Slitting machines, perforating, etc
• Weighing machines: check weigher, multihead weigher
• Wrapping machines: stretch wrapping, shrink wrap, banding
• Form, fill and seal machines, bags, pouches
• Other specialty machinery: slitters, laser cutters, parts attachment, etc.
Functions of Packaging machinery
Adopting packaging machinery provides high efficiency, and labor costs can be reduced. These factors drive the market growth across the globe and the machinery is used for a wide variety of purposes such as sealing, labeling, cartooning, bag & pouch canning, and other applications.
Packaging machinery helps to get major benefits such as:
Ensure packaging quality: Packaging quality plays a key role for exported goods. It helps to attain consistent packaging.
Reduce Labor Costs: Packaging machinery helps to reduce labor costs while improving working conditions for heavy/bulky products.
Handle specialized requirements: Special requirements such as vacuum packaging, inflatable packaging, skin packaging, and pressure filling can be completed.
Improve labor productivity: Packaging machinery such as sliding blister sealing machines are much faster than manual packaging.
For instance, if we consider candy packaging machine, it helps to wrap hundreds of candies in minutes.
Global Packaging Machinery Market 2019
There are various factors that thrive packaging machinery market. Various end-users such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods industries are increasingly adopting the packaging machinery to enhance the effectiveness of their products.
However, the food and beverages industry use the packaging machinery to provide special physical, chemical, and biological protection, tamper resistance to their products.
And, the pharmaceutical industry uses the packaging machinery to guarantee their protection against unfavorable external elements such as physical damage, degradation, contamination, and biological protection to their products. This kind of increasing demand from various end-users is increasing the global market.
Global packaging machinery market was valued at US$ 12.37 Bn in 2017 and is expected to reach US$ 20.1 Bn by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.26% during a forecast period.
Development of new products is also impacting positively in the expansion of the global packaging market. The development of new and innovative packing machinery provides effective packaging of the products of the end-user industries.
On the other hand, the demand for packaging machinery from various end-users coupled with the increase in development of new products is driving the packaging machinery market growth at a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period.