Korexim Corporation Ltd
About: Mr. JC Lee - Chief Executive Officer
Mr.JC Lee was born in the year 1964 in the Republic of Korea, majored in international marketing from Dankook University and now works as a CEO for Korexim with various expertise and knowledge & experience in extrusion & converting machinery of flexible packaging as well as heavy-duty packaging industry since 2001.
1. Can you share with us the story of what first introduced you into this business or helped you get interested in the business?
First I started to work as overseas sales manager for Wooshin Machine Co Ltd in 1989. They manufacture converting machines for various paper bag and plastic bags etc but in fact there was a limitation for me to develop a big market with just converting machinery and so I joined another company, Daekwang Machinery Co. Ltd in 1993 to learn and study about various plastic extrusion machinery.
Even though I started to become a professional in this field by working for those companies from the beginning, the main reason I was able to start to operate my own company in this packaging field and develop a bigger market with various needs from clients was due to use of different machines, raw material, spare parts and innovative goods as well as combination of converting and extrusion machinery.
2. Korexim's vision is to be the most valued business partner for all of its customers. What do you think are the most important strategic priorities for your company over the next three years?
We are very much interested in supplying No. 1 level of machinery and product’s from Korea in the flexible packaging industry and also we will endeavor to catch up our client’s special needs when they use our advanced technology of Korea made machinery and products.
For this, we would like to advertise our website continuously through sites like Packaging-Labeling which is influential for long-term.
3. How will the composition of your board (today and in the future) help guide the company to its long-term strategic goals?
We set constant targets, that is the key, we need to let people know about our products by constant advertising in the portal sites, without which we cannot increase our business volumes worldwide.
4. How is the company’s performance in FY19 and what is your outlook for FY20?
Our business performance in 2018 was quite good but as of now not up to the mark in 2019 but we expect our business performance in 2020 to be improved and progress in comparison to previous years.
5. This industry is dynamic, young and creative. Do you use any innovative and clever marketing strategies which you think large legacy companies should consider adopting?
We advertise via various channels or use direct marketing techniques as it builds client relations and that’s the best way to go i.e a combination of digital and direct marketing.
6. What advice would you give to other CEOs or founders to help their employees to thrive?
I would like to say “Constant and positive advertising is the best strategy for our business type”
I think a lot of information can be shared with a broad audience through advertisements.