Global Demand for Chainsaws Forecast to Expand 3.4% Annually Through 2023
3 February 2020
CLEVELAND, Feb. 3, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the Freedonia Group study Global Forestry Equipment, demand for felling equipment is projected to rise 2.9% annually through 2023 to $3.3 billion, supported by two main trends:
- greater mechanization of felling operations in developing countries
- the replacement of older equipment in developed areas
More information regarding the study is here: https://www.freedoniagroup.com/industry-study/global-forestry-equipment-3779.htm
Manufacturers are introducing improved machinery and components to increase durability, performance, efficiency, and operator safety and comfort. In a competitive market with many participants with sizable research and development operations, this is necessary to remain competitive.
Global demand for chainsaws is forecast to expand 3.4% annually through 2023 to $1.4 billion. A number of factors will boost demand for chainsaws:
- significantly lower cost of chainsaws compared to other types of felling equipment
- ability to use chainsaws in terrain that is not amenable to the use of larger equipment
- relatively short lifespan of chainsaws compared to other types of felling equipment, heightening replacement demand
- widespread use of chainsaws in comparison to more advanced equipment, which is only found in mechanized markets
Contact Corinne Gangloff for an interview with the analyst.
Additional Machinery & Equipment studies can be viewed here:
About The Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is a leading international industrial research company publishing more than 100 studies annually. Since 1985 we have provided research to customers ranging in size from global conglomerates to one-person consulting firms. More than 90% of the industrial companies in the Fortune 500 use Freedonia Group research to help with their strategic planning. Each study includes product and market analyses and forecasts, in-depth discussions of important industry trends, and market share information. Studies can be purchased at www.freedoniagroup.com and are also available on www.marketresearch.com and www.profound.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-demand-for-chainsaws-forecast-to-expand-3-4-annually-through-2023--300997137.html
SOURCE The Freedonia Group