R.A JONES

R.A JONES

2701 Crescent Springs Road COVINGTON KY 4101

AboutR.A JONES

ABOUT US

1905-1950

R.A. JONES and Company in Covington, Kentucky was founded in 1905 as a soap packaging company.

The first soap packaging machine was built in 1912.

In 1946. KartridgPak in Chicago, Illinois was founded as a subsidiary of OscarMayer & Company in order to develop packaging for sausages.

 1950-2000

Holmatic of Atlanta, Georgia, a manufacturer of filling and sealing packaging technology for wet and dry products was acquired and relocated to Davenport, Iowa.

Family-owned until 1998, Jones was purchased by British based, BWI Inc. (Barry-Wehmiller International).

Jones introduces the Pouch King High Speed Vertical Form Fill and Seal machine and begins use of robotics in packaging.

KartridgPak  acquired by British based, BWI Inc. (Barry-Wehmiller International).

The Covington location was relocated to the present facility and was named one of the 10 best by Factory magazine.

The first multi-packer was sold to the brewing industry.

KartridgPak was relocated to Davenport, Iowa.

 2000-2017

Coesia purchased OYSTAR North America (Covington and Davenport locations) and renamed the company R.A JONES.

Aerofill Dawson, a manufacturer of bottle filling and capping packaging technology for beverages, relocated from the UK to Davenport, Iowa.

MAP Systems of Chicago, Illinois, a manufacturer of packaging conditioning technology used to enhance product shelf life was acquired and relocated to Davenport, Iowa

Packaging Technologies (originally KartridgPak) and R.A. JONES were purchased by OYSTAR.

Autoprod of Tampa, Florida, a manufacturer of filling and sealing packaging technology for dairy products was acquired and relocated to Davenport, Iowa.

KartridgPak, Holmatic, and Aerofill brands by IWKA were acquired, operating under the corporate banner of IWKA-PT.