Calcium Carbonate Market To Reach USD 34.17 Billion By 2027 | Reports and Data
12 March 2020
New York, March 10, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global Calcium Carbonate market is forecast to reach USD 34.17 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Calcium carbonate is medicinally used as a dietary supplement when the amount of calcium in the body is not enough. It is needed in the body for healthy bones, nervous systems, muscles, and heart. It is also used as an antacid to relieve acid indigestion, heartburn, and upset stomach.
The increase in the development of infrastructure is propelling the demand for the calcium carbonate market. An increase in the automobile industry is also creating a demand for calcium carbonate as a raw material. The market demand is growing because of the versatile application of the product in nanowire, plastics, and coatings of alloys. Calcium carbonate is used for imaging purposes, catalytic applications, and in drug delivery loading of hydrophilic protein drugs.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2584
However, side effects, such as swelling on face, skin rashes, unusual weakness, vomiting, loss of appetite, and nausea, are restraining the demand of the market.
The Asia Pacific region is forecasted to hold the largest market share in the calcium carbonate market in 2018. The boom in the construction activities in the region, growth in the economic activities, and new investment opportunities in the emerging nations are propelling the demand for the market. China has the largest forest reserve, which results in the largest pulp and paper industry, thus driving the demand for the market. The market is modern and is highly mechanized, and the labor is cheap in the region.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Ground calcium carbonate held a larger market share in the calcium carbonate market in 2018. Ground calcium carbonate is basic in nature and can be used to neutralize combustion vapors or increase the pH in soils or water. It is used in paper and plastic fillers, paints, and coatings. It can also be used in cement, to convert quick-lime into slaked lime.
- Calcium carbonate is among the most common mineral fillers used in the plastic industry. It is widely available, easy to breakdown, and is also quite economical. It also decreases surface energy and provides surface gloss and opacity, which enhances the surface finish. Moreover, it also increases impact strength and stiffness when the particle size is controlled.
- Calcium carbonate is available in various particle sizes ranging from less than 1.0 micrometer to large white decorative chips. Ground calcium carbonate is the most cost-effective mineral filler on the market, and it has a supply from various mines located all over the globe.
- North America held the second-largest market in the year 2018. The consumption of calcium carbonate in the region is anticipated to increase owing to the growing demand from plastics and paints & coatings industry in the U.S.
- In June 2017, Mercer Lime Company was acquired by Mississippi Lime Company. The company acquired Mercer's hydrated lime business to build up its position in the industry and also cater to a wider range of customers in North America.
- Key participants include Omaya AG, Sibelco, Imerys, Calcinor SA, Carmeuse, Minerals Technologies Inc., Mississippi Lime Company, Huber Engineered Materials, GLC Mineral, and Graymont Limited, among others.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global Calcium Carbonate market on the basis of type, application, end-use industry, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
- Ground Calcium Carbonate
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
- Dietary Supplement
- Filler and Pigment
- Raw Substance for Construction Material
- Component of Adhesives
- Additive for Thermoplastics
- Neutralizing Agent in Soil
- Desulfurization of Fuel Gas
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
- Paint and Coating
- Adhesives and Sealants
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/calcium-carbonate-market
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse more similar reports on Adhesives and Sealants category by Reports And Data
Aerospace Adhesives & Sealants Market - https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/aerospace-adhesives-and-sealants-market
Carbon Felt and Graphite Felt Market - https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/carbon-felt-and-graphite-felt-market
High-performance Adhesives Market - https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/global-high-performance-adhesives-market-research-report-2017
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Contact Us:John WatsonHead of Business DevelopmentReports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.comDirect Line: +1-800-819-3052E-mail: email@example.com