Esko & X-Rite Pantone Join Forces at Labelexpo 2023 to Spotlight One Connected Workflow across Label and Packaging Supply Chains
14 July 2023
Visitors to this year’s Labelexpo will see first-hand how a connected Esko and X-Rite Pantone ecosystem of automated workflow, color management, flexo platemaking, digital printing, and print inspection tools can deliver consistent performance and accelerate business growth.
The companies will lead a deep dive into all facets of labeling and packaging when the event returns to Brussels in September. “Visitors to our combined booth will discover how Esko and X-Rite Pantone are helping the packaging industry achieve consistent performance from concept to market,” said Jan De Roeck, Esko Director of Marketing, Industry Relations & Strategy. “Using demonstrations of the latest technology, displays, and expert discussions, we will highlight how an end-to-end ecosystem of new color management software and measurement solutions supports digital workflows to increase efficiency, enhance sustainability, and drive growth opportunities.”
From booth #C60 in Hall 3 of the Brussels Expo, Esko and X-Rite Pantone will showcase their entire range of digital workflow solutions from design through production. Highlights include:
- Phoenix, Esko’s AI-based tool that unlocks planning and imposition productivity improvements, with a seamless interface between prepress data and production data in Esko applications.
- The award-winning CDI Crystal XPS 4835, utilizing UV main and back exposure to produce highly consistent digital flexo plates while minimizing waste.
- AVT Helios System, which automatically inspects printed labels or packages for defects and imperfections, delivering exceptional quality results and eliminating customer rejections.
- The latest Esko Software version, which delivers a combination of prepress editing and cloud-based workflow automation solutions, now more integrated and connected throughout the entire prepress workflow.
- X-Rite eXact™ 2, the most connected and easy-to-use handheld spectrophotometer that can measure color across various substrates - including flexible film and paper - in a single device, while also verifying customer standards.
- X-Rite ColorCert® Suite, which works with Esko WebCenter, AVT’s Spectralab, and eXact 2 to provide printers an overall view of print quality and color performance in a single number score to confirm compliance with brand specifications.
- PantoneLIVE™ digital color libraries for the creation and sharing of accurate brand color standards that are achievable across printing technology and substrates.
“Error and waste reduction have a direct impact on the environmental footprint of a packaging business,” said Jan. “As we are all looking to protect the environment in which we live and to safeguard it for future generations, we must reduce the impact of our operations on the environment. With sustainability and digitalization fundamentally altering how the industry operates, it is imperative that today’s label and packaging companies invest in digital workflow technology that enables them to boost efficiency, reduce costs and improve their overall productivity,” he said.
Jon-Michael McCartney, Director Print and Packaging, X-Rite Pantone, added: “The combined X-Rite Pantone and Esko ecosystem helps to streamline the design, prepress, formulation, and production workflow with the sharing of packaging and color data to reduce errors and improve reporting.”
“With a digital workflow you can eliminate on-site press approvals, clearly define and share print requirements across a global supply chain, reduce waste and rework, save resources, and support sustainability goals,” he said.
Labelexpo returns to Brussel from 11-14 September 2023 – visitors can join Esko and X-Rite Pantone at booth #C60 in Hall 3 of the Brussels Expo.
For more on the full range of integrated Esko solutions, visit www.esko.com
For more about X-Rite print and packaging solutions, visit https://www.xrite.com
Esko is a global provider of integrated software and hardware solutions that accelerate the go-to-market process of packaged goods. For each stakeholder in the process, Esko solutions enable them to work efficiently and deliver right-first-time packaging and marketing content on time, every time.
Our goal is to make it easier for CPG and pharma businesses to manage their packaging, labeling, regulatory and marketing content. With our packaging management platform, brand marketing and packaging teams can increase their productivity, reduce costs, and save time.
For packaging and label trade shops, premedia service providers and printer converters, we digitize, automate, and connect the entire print production process with software and hardware solutions for CAD design, prepress processes, flexo platemaking and print inspection.
Facts & numbers
- Packaging for 9 out of 10 major brands is produced by our customers
- We are headquartered in Gent (Belgium)
- Worldwide, we employ about 1,600 associates from 40 nationalities
- We serve 25,000+ customers in 140+ countries
- 61% of our staff are customer-facing daily
- Our global sales network consists of 300+ direct sales staff and 120+ resellers
For further information, please visit www.esko.com
Founded in 1958, X-Rite Incorporated is a global leader in the science and technology of color and appearance. With Pantone, X-Rite employs more than 800 people in 11 countries. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia and service centers across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the Americas. X-Rite offers a full range of solutions used by manufacturers, retailers, printers, and graphic design houses to achieve precise management and communication of color and appearance throughout their processes. X-Rite products and services are recognized standards in the printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles and medical industries. For further information, please visit www.xrite.com. For the latest news, information, connect with X-Rite on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Pantone provides the universal language of color that enables color-critical decisions through every stage of the workflow for brands and manufacturers. More than 10 million designers and producers around the world rely on Pantone products and services to help define, communicate and control color from inspiration to realization – leveraging advanced X-Rite technology to achieve color consistency across various materials and finishes for graphics, fashion and product design. Pantone Standards feature digital and physical color specification and workflow tools. The Pantone Color Institute™ provides customized color standards, brand identity and product color consulting as well as trend forecasting inclusive of Pantone Color of the Year, Fashion Runway Color Trend Reports, color psychology and more. Pantone B2B Licensing incorporates the Pantone Color System into different products and services, enabling licensees to communicate and reproduce certified Pantone values and improve efficiencies for their users. Pantone Lifestyle brings color and design together across apparel, home, and accessories. Learn more at www.pantone.com.