Global Polyphthalamide (PPA) Market Growth, Trends, and Forecast to 2025: Stringent Environmental Regulations and Increasing Raw Materials Cost are Expected to Hinder Market Growth
19 January 2021
Dublin, Jan. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Polyphthalamide (PPA) Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The polyphthalamide market (PPA) is expected to witness a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period.
One of the major factors driving the market studied is the increasing demand from the end-user industries, such as automotive and electrical and electronics. However, stringent environmental regulations and increasing raw materials cost are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
The applications in the automotive industry dominated the market, and it is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to the continuous research and innovation conducted by the industry, in order to produce lightweight vehicles.
Besides, increasing usage of bio-based PPA is likely to act as an opportunity for the market in the future. Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world with the largest consumption from countries, such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Applications in the Automotive Industry
In the automotive industry, polyphthalamide-based materials are widely used for manufacturing various structural parts, fuel system components (such as fuel rails, flanges, fuel line connectors), cooling and heating system components (such as oil filter housings, thermostat housings, turbocharger air coolers), and others.
- Currently, Asia-Pacific and Mexico are the manufacturing hubs of automobiles and their related components. Increasing R&D activities in the automotive industry are also expected to provide an impetus for the polyphthalamide market in these regions.
- North America is witnessing a huge demand for lightweight automobiles, driven by the growing consumer preference for high-quality fuel-efficient automobiles. Therefore, the utilization of polyphthalamide in automobile production is rapidly increasing in the region.
- Moreover, the presence of automotive giants in the European region, along with huge investments in the R&D (in the automotive sector) by companies and governments in Europe, is propelling the growth of the automotive market, and thereby, boosting the growth of the polyphthalamide market in the region.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is also projected to register the highest growth during the forecast period, driven by increasing automotive production and sales from different countries, such as India, Malaysia Thailand, and Indonesia.
- China is the world's largest automotive producer. However, the country witnessed about 4.16% decline in the production of vehicles. Automotive sales also declined by about 6% to 22.7 million units.
- This trend is likely to remain similar in China, due to the declining demand for diesel and petrol cars in the country. However, rising sales of electric cars are likely to help the automotive market to avoid another slump.
- On the other hand, countries, like India, Malaysia, and Indonesia, have been witnessing a robust growth in automotive production. These countries have also been witnessing investments into the industry to set up new plants and/or to increase production capacity.
- Besides, robust production and performance of other end-user industries, such as electrical and electronics; consumer and personal care; and others, are driving the demand for polyphthalamide in the region.
The global polyphthalamide (PPA) market is a partially consolidated market. Some of the other major players in the market include DuPont, Solvay, Arkema Group, Evonik Industries AG, and EMS-Chemie Holding AG, among others.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Automotive Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Demand in the Electrical and Electronics Industry
4.1.3 Lightweight Substitute for Metals in Industrial Applications
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.2.2 High Cost of Raw Materials
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5 Price Trends
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.3 Glass Fiber-filled
5.1.4 Carbon Fiber-filled
5.2.2 Electronics and Electrical
5.2.3 Industrial Equipment and Apparatus
5.2.4 Consumer and Personal Care
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 EMS-Chemie Holding AG
6.4.5 Celanese Corporation
6.4.8 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.9 PlastiComp Inc.
6.4.10 Pro Polymers Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Usage of Bio-based Polyphthalamides
7.2 Increasing Demand in the Personal Care and Medical Industries
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jimtjv
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900