Sodium Methylate Market To Reach USD 208.5 Million By 2026 | Reports And Data
17 April 2019
An increase in demand for sodium methylate in pharmaceutical industries is a significant factor estimated to drive the market demand.
Market Size – USD 173.6 million in 2018, Market Growth - CAGR of 2.3%, Market Trends – Growth in Bio-diesel Production
NEW YORK, April 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global Sodium Methylate market is expected to reach USD 208.5 Million by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Sodium methylate, also popularly known as sodium methoxide with the chemical formula of CH3ONa, may be produced as a result of an exothermic reaction between elemental sodium and methanol. Commercially, sodium methylate can be obtained either in solid or liquid (solution) form. Usually, sodium methylate is sold as a 25% to 30% solution in methanol for use in several applications, like the production of vitamin A1, B1, sulfadiazine, trimethoprim, and analytical agents among others. It is also used extensively as a catalyst in the production of bio-diesel.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1292
An increase in demand for sodium methylate as a base, nucleophile, catalyst, reagent to carry out numerous chemical reactions in organic chemistry is anticipated to stimulate market growth. Further, a growth in the implementation of this chemical in the pharmaceutical industry in the production of vitamins, Sulfadoxine, Sulfadiazine, Trimethoprim, etc., is driving the market demand. Widespread application in grease, and synthetic detergents synthesis, and edible oil processing, is projected to drive the market growth in the upcoming years. Also, the rise in global demand for biodiesel supported by favorable government initiatives in many countries is forecasted to push the market growth during the forecast period.
High cost of materials used in the production of sodium methylate might create hindrances in the growth of the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Powdered sodium methylate is expected to dominate the market with a growth rate of 2.4% during the forecast period. The market dominance of the powdered form is owing to its increasing applications in pharmaceuticals, perfumes, dyes, and organic intermediates. It is used extensively as a catalyst in the production of biodiesel. Sodium methylate in solution form is a versatile intermediate and finds application in a variety of organic syntheses.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/sodium-methylate-market
- Pharmaceutical industry contributed to the largest market share in 2018 and is projected to grow at a rate of 2.4% during the forecast period. The growth of the pharmaceuticals industry with increased healthcare spending is anticipated to drive the demand for sodium methylate during the period 2019-2026.
- The bio-energy industry is projected to witness the fastest growth rate of 2.5% in the forecast period attributing to increasing demand for biodiesel in the transportation industry.
- The markets in the regions of North America and Europe are expected to witness significant growth in the forecast period owing to the increasing application of sodium methylate in the pharmaceuticals industry. Moreover, the growing preference for biodiesel in the transportation sector due to an increase in environmental regulations to curb CO2 emissions is forecasted to drive the market growth in these regions during the forecast period.
- Key participants include Evonik Industries AG, Brenntag NV, Desatec, American Elements, TGV Group, MSSA, BASF SE, Supra Group of Companies, FRP Services & Company, and DuPont among others.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented global sodium methylate market on the basis of type, packaging type, application, end-user, and region:
Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- Powder Sodium Methylate
- Liquid (Solution) Sodium Methylate
Packaging Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- Bulk Containers
- Glass Bottles
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
End-User Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- Plastics & Polymers
- Personal Care
- Food Processing
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse more reports of Materials and Chemicals category at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report/category/materials-and-chemicals
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help clients make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-800-819-3052