Caustic Soda Market To Reach USD 59.24 Billion By 2027 | Reports And Data
22 January 2020
New York, Jan. 20, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global caustic soda market is forecast to reach USD 59.24 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Caustic soda is a substance used as an ingredient or in the production of dozens of household products such as detergents, body soap, and drain cleaners. Caustic soda is a simple man-made chemical compound and comprises of one oxygen (O), one sodium (Na), and one hydrogen (H) atom, which is why it’s also known as sodium hydroxide, NaOH.
Caustic soda is a solid at room temperature, but since it readily dissolves in water, it is usually sold and transported as a solution of different variety concentrations. When the market product is mixed with water or an acid, the resultant is a strong exothermic reaction where heat is released, and is used as a source of energy to trigger other chemical processes.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/372
In many lye-related chemical reactions, caustic soda gives up its sodium, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms to help form new chemical compounds. In conditions where a corrosive substance is required, like for a drain blockage, caustic soda helps to dissolve the organic materials but will leave the polyvinyl chloride pipes intact. It is also used in the production of ice cream, soft drinks, and food dye. The corrosive and toxic properties of caustic soda disappear in these processes, such as the case with soap above.
China's pulp and paper industry is modern and highly mechanized, and the labor is significantly cheap. Owing to the government afforestation initiatives, forest cover is increasing in the region. With a thriving pulp and paper industry, along with a growing demand from other end users, the consumption of caustic soda is expected to rise in China in the coming years.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Caustic soda is a common name for NaOH (sodium hydroxide) and is also known as lye. The demand for the type of product is forecasted to grow with a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period.
- The membrane cell process has intrinsic ecological advantages over the two older methods, as it does not use mercury or asbestos. It is the most energy-efficient process and is incredibly safe to operate, and it produces a consistently high quality of caustic soda.
- Industrial grade caustic soda are not completely pure. It contains impurities and is used in commercial and industrial purposes. It is not suitable to be used in any food products and can be used for many science fair projects.
- Caustic soda finds its significant application in the pulp & paper industry. It is used mainly for digesting wood to make wood pulp and also as a bleaching agent to neutralizing bleached pulp and paper. Caustic soda is used for deinking of waste papers.
- APAC dominated the market for caustic soda. China leads the consumption demand in caustic soda. Moreover, the country is the largest pulp and paper producing nation as a result of the large forest reserves.
- Key participants include Dow Chemical Company, Tata Chemicals Limited, FMC Corporation, PPG Industries, Tosoh Corporation, Nirma Limited, Hanwha Chemical Corporation, Ineos Group Limited, Formosa Plastics Corporation, and Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY), among others.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/global-caustic-soda-market-2017-forecast-to-2022
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global Caustic Soda market on the basis of type, manufacturing process, grade, applications, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
Manufacturing Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
- Membrane Cell
- Diaphragm Cell
Grade Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
- Reagent Grade
- Industrial Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
Applications Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
- Food, Pulp, and Paper
- Organic Chemicals
- Inorganic Chemicals
- Soap and Detergents
- Water Treatment
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South-east Asia
- Latin America
Browse more similar reports on Disinfectants and Preservatives category by Reports And Data
Iodine Market - https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/iodine-market
Ethylene Oxide Market - https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/ethylene-oxide-market
Potassium Permanganate Market - https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/potassium-permanganate-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Contact Us:John WatsonHead of Business DevelopmentReports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.comDirect Line: +1-212-710-1370E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org