Focal Platics Ltd was established in 1980. The business has 40 employees and occupies a purpose built 30,000sq ft factory at South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
The business specialises in the manufacture of bespoke vacuum formings (thermoforming) such as clam-packs, blisters, carton inserts, displays, transit trays and many industrial components. The business has an extensive portfolio of tooling for Sot’s (straight on trays or direct to shelf trays).
Focal Plastics has vast experience in all the above products having manufactured over 354 million mouldings in the past 12 years.
Materials processed on site include PVC, APET, HIPS, ABS, HDPE, TPR and Polypropylene. The gauge of materials varies from 150 micron to 8mm.
Focal Plastics holds the Quality System ISO 9001:2000 certification and is familiar with the requirements of QS900, Kaisen and Kanban.
Equipment on site comprises :-
- CAD Software for customer design requirements
- 6 Automatic Vacuum / Pressure Assist thermoforming machines
- 3 Sheet fed Thermoformers for thick gauge work.
- Twin Station 5 axis CNC Trimming
- Numerous Routering / Rollerpress stations
- In House tooling / CNC technology