Founded in 1959 by John M. Robinson primarily as a converter of military specification barrier materials, the company was known as Lawrence Packaging Supply Corporation and located in Newark, New Jersey. In 1981, to better profile the rapid expansion of Lawrence from a local packaging supply house to a manufacturer/converter of various product lines, the name was changed to LPS Industries, Inc. Today, under the direction of Madeleine D. Robinson, CEO, LPS Industries (now relocated to Moonachie, New Jersey) is a diversified manufacturer and leader in the flexible packaging industry providing packaging solutions to many market segments such as medical, food, transportation, electronics and agriculture.
LPS Industries is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified company and offers three separate products groups:
- Flexible Packaging – custom laminated roll stock, custom barrier pouches, resealable polyethylene bags and zipper profiles.
- Coated Products – pressure sensitive envelopes, pressure sensitive labels – edp, thermal, laser and prime, also adhesive coating – fullgum and pattern, hot melt and aqueous
- General Packaging – packaging systems and accessories, identification products, and hazardous material shippers
Modern production facilities and state-of-the-art equipment assure all products are manufactured to the highest quality standards. LPS distinguishes itself from its competitor with the following advantages:
- a diversified product mix
- direct sales force
- multi warehouse locations
- in-house coating, laminating and zipper extrusion capabilities
- a modern R&D laboratory
- full service printing and art departments
Service and support are an important part of LPS’s history. Each member of the LPS team from the CEO to the line employee is committed to providing customers with quality products, support and service. Research and development are also an LPS priority – our modern R&D laboratory is dedicated to product innovation and quality assurance. Continuing emphasis on developing new products to meet the complex needs of packaging today guarantees expansion and growth for LPS’s future.
LPS is a woman owned and operated company.