AboutYaskawa America, Inc.
Yaskawa America, Inc. - Drives & Motion Division is a U.S. corporation, created to provide Automation Solutions and Support to our customers in North America, Central America, and South America. Yaskawa is the world's largest manufacturer of AC Inverter Drives, Servo and Motion Control, and Robotics Automation Systems. Products are marketed through direct sales, partners, representatives, dealers, and distributors. Yaskawa America, Inc. - Drives & Motion Division is a wholly owned corporation of Yaskawa Electric Corporation of Japan. Since 1915, Yaskawa Electric has served the world needs for products to improve global productivity through Automation. This website is designed to support Yaskawa customers in the Americas. Download Brochure
- Although Yaskawa has been in business for almost a century with operations in North America since 1967, the Yaskawa name has not always been as recognizable as some of the others with respect to AC Drives. The reason lies in Yaskawa's original (1967) approach to the North American market. Here Yaskawa chose to go into market with "Partners/Brand Labelers" who would market, sell and support Yaskawa’s AC Drives under their individual brand labels.
- Yaskawa, in turn, would focus our attention on manufacturing, quality control and research and development of their Drive products, while working with and supplying products to "Partners/Brand Labelers". These "Partners/Brand Labelers" consisted of MagneTek, Saftronics, Omron IDM Controls and EMS.
- In July 1999, MagneTek acquired EMS of Cincinnati, OH making MagneTek an even stronger force in the market. That’s when not even two years later in January 2001, Yaskawa purchased the Drives Group of MagneTek and began promoting Yaskawa products under the Yaskawa name. Yaskawa’s acquisition of the MagneTek Drives Group was a complete acquisition, in that the employees and location of MagneTek in New Berlin, WI remained the same as only the name changed.
- Then later that same year in April of 2001, Yaskawa and Saftronics ended their very long branding arrangement. Finally, during the fall of August 2004, Yaskawa brought the last branding partner, Omron IDM, into the fold as well. Yaskawa did so by purchasing the rights to Omron IDM Controls’ HVAC and Industrial channels.
- Since August of 2004, Yaskawa Drive products have been marketed solely under the Yaskawa name in the Americas. There are well over one million Yaskawa drives in operation today just in North America. Globally, that number rises into the 10’s of millions in operation today!
The Yaskawa Quality Experience
It is the policy of Yaskawa America Inc. (Drives & Motion Division), to place quality, continual improvement, and customer satisfaction at the forefront of everything we do, and to satisfy applicable requirements of all interested parties. When it comes to quality, Yaskawa refuses to cut corners as we aim to be the best that we can be in everything we do. In fact, Yaskawa has been known to set the standards for quality, which competitors strive to live up to. At the core of Yaskawa’s competitiveness is an all-encompassing commitment to ensured quality. Yaskawa has demonstrated this commitment by producing quality products in North America for the last 40+ years.