Fruit punnets protect fruit in transit while offering consumers excellent visibility of the product.
Paper-based punnets, trays and baskets offer a replacement to polystyrene or plastic trays.
Made from corrugated cardboard or solid board, our punnets are 100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource.
High quality printed punnets allow you to use colour and graphics to attract consumer attention in the retail environment leading to an increase in sales.
Fruit punnets are also designed to meet the physical requirements of the supply chain to ensure your fruit arrives in optimal condition. Punnets Packaging Fruits are supplied flat or stacked to maximise storage space and minimise transport costs.
Features of this product
- Bespoke to your exact size and performance requirements
- Available in a wide range of corrugated cardboard or solid board grades
- High quality print available for optimum presentation
- Air ventilation holes available if fruit needs to breathe
- Water resistant boards and other barrier coatings available
- Suitable for food contact
Benefits of this product
- Increased sales due to eye-catching presentation
- Reduction in transit damage due to strength and stability
- Environmentally friendly - 100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource
- Easy to use - no machines are required to erect
- Reduction in storage space and logistic costs - products delivered flat
- Potential ‘green’ tax savings to be achieved in some countries
Chain of custody
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source.
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
- 90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
How shelf ready packaging can help boost your sales?
ShelfSmart enables you reveal how your packaging will perform before it’s made. ShelfSmart is a unique proven process that can help you develop, test and prove your optimal shelf ready packaging quickly and cost effectively without taking risk.
Our fleet of 700 designers create packaging solutions that deliver against your needs,. These are then tested with real shoppers in a virtual 3D retail environment to evaluate which performs best.
We supply a range of end-of-line packaging machinery.
For over 50 years, we’ve developed, produced and installed automated packing lines across many countries and markets. We combine our packaging automation experience along with world-class packaging expertise to offer you a complete packaging solution.
Our packing line solutions are designed to form, fill, close and palletise packaging and can be customised according to your needs.
We’ll work with you to ensure your packaging machinery solution is delivered with the highest attainable performance at the lowest total cost of ownership.