Heavy-duty corrugated packaging is designed to give extreme levels of protection in transit and is often used for heavy, fragile, bulky or high value products.
Predominantly made from double or triple wall corrugated board, heavy-duty packaging can also incorporate a range of additional materials to support the supply chain requirements including foam, plastics, polystyrene, plywood and timber.
Heavy-duty corrugated packaging is designed to provide the required amount of strength, stability and insulation to meet the physical requirements of your supply chain whether by road or air. The design of the pack, in combination with the selection of the most appropriate materials, ensures your products arrive at their destination in optimal condition of the heavy-duty corrugated box.
Heavy-duty corrugated box packaging provides a cost effective and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional timber or metal packaging.
Features of this product
- Available in a wide range of double and triple wall corrugated board grades
- Bespoke to your product and supply chain requirements
- Can incorporate foam, plastics, polystyrene, plywood and timber
- High quality print available
- Packs can be shipped flat or assembled on request
- 100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource
Benefits of this product
- Significantly reduces the risk of product damage
- Improves customer satisfaction levels due to safe delivery of contents
- Increases productivity on packing line when supplied assembled
- Material sourced from one supplier - creates savings on inventory and administration
- Material cost efficiency against timber or metal alternatives
- Eliminates safety risks of wooden packaging (splinters, protruding nails, manual handling)
Chain of custody
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
- 90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
How can packaging help you maximise supply chain efficiency?
SupplySmart is a combination of unique tools, data and expertise that enables you to optimise the role of packaging across your supply chain – with the reassurance you’re making fully risk assessed decisions that will deliver measureable cost savings.
SupplySmart enables you to uncover, target and deliver improvements to packaging to increase efficiency and effectiveness across your supply chain – all the time minimising the risks to your business.
For over 50 years, we’ve developed, produced and installed automated packing lines across many countries and markets. We combine our packaging automation experience along with world-class packaging expertise to offer you a complete packaging solution.
Our packing line solutions are designed to form, fill, close and palletise packaging and can be customised according to your needs.
We’ll work with you to ensure your packaging machinery solution is delivered with the highest attainable performance at the lowest total cost of ownership.